I decided one rainy night that I wanted, what I call, “A Frank Dinner” (AFD!). The main ingredient in an AFD! is garlic. You basically want to leave your house smelling like garlic for days and have to brush your teeth 2-3 times to smell normal again. The only downside is the vampires it attracts.
An AFD! also typically consists of salmon and a green vegetable. I devise the plan for lemon pepper salmon and rosemary roasted potatoes and asparagus. Of course, all of this is covered in garlic too.
I had never cooked salmon in a frying pan, never roasted potatoes successfully, and never roasted asparagus. YORO (You Only Roast Once)…
- I was told that different types of potatoes need to roast at different temperatures. So I googled red potatoes this time for ultimate success
- I’ve got this garlic mincer, but how do I get it equally across everything? Welp, I’ll just toss it all over and hope for the best (same with the rosemary)
- I dribbled olive oil all over everything a tablespoon at a time
- Salmon in a pan, hmmm.
- Salmon in a pan.
- PUT THE SALMON IN THE PAN!
- Heat the olive oil in the pan first?
- Heat the olive oil in the pan second?
- Just do it already.
- Sprinkle so much lemon pepper on the salmon that it looks like a mass pepper murder
- 5 min each side, wow this is working…
- Oh I got this handy dandy meat thermometer, let’s use that…
- IT’S GOOD!
The verdict: “Wow, you’ve been lying to me this whole time, you really can cook” – Joe.
It’s safe to say the house and us smelled like garlic for days. AFD! success! The rosemary also got everywhere. It’s like the herpes of cooking, can’t get rid of it!
Stay tuned to find out how repeating this recipe resulted in a few fails…